Rental Applicant Requirements
First, WE LOVE WORKING WITH NICE, HONEST PEOPLE and have devoted ourselves to providing those families & individuals a great rental home experience.
To accomplish this, it is critical that you are aware of the application requirements before applying, to avoid any misunderstandings or inaccurate assumptions.
The entire amount of the rental application fee that we charge shall be used to cover our costs in processing the rental application. Our costs may be based upon the actual expense we incur in processing the rental application or the average expense we incur per prospective tenant in the course of processing multiple rental applications.
The actual expenses incurred by us for which the rental application fee will be used is itemized as follows $16.95 fee for screening (credit, criminal background, evictions, etc) and $29.00 for the application processing fee.
The processing fee includes man-hours to process the electronic application, review all screening reports, submit, collect & verify all required documentation, submission, collection and verification of rental history, submission and collection of owner approval, and completion of all updates and required notifications throughout the application process - equalling $45.95 per applicant.
An electronic receipt for the rental application fee we receive from you can be sent to your email / secured through this web site / via our portal but if you request a paper receipt it will be provided to you in paper form, mailed within 10 calendar days of your application date. We may also provide paper receipts to all applicants.
If we do not use the entire amount of your rental application fee to cover our costs in processing your rental application, we shall remit to you, within 20 calendar days after processing your application, the remaining amount of your rental application fee that was not used to cover our costs in processing your rental application.
APPLIES TO ALL APPLICANTS (anyone 18yrs or older residing in the home):
- Must-Have A 600 (or higher) Credit Score(s)
- Do Not Have Any Judgements or Housing Related Collections (Previous Rents, Utilities, Etc.) Within The Past 7 Years.
- Bankruptcies Must Have Been Discharged For At Least 12 Months
- Have Not Had A Foreclosure(s) Within 2 Years Of The Application Date
- Have Not Have Any Evictions Within 7 Years Of The Application Date
- Have Not, At The Time Of Application, Been Convicted Of A Felony Within The Last 5 Years.
- Have Never Had A Criminal Conviction Record Or Deferred Judgment Related To - The unlawful distribution, manufacturing, dispensing or sale of Methamphetamine (Meth); or The unlawful possession of materials to make Meth. NOTE: The limited consideration of 5 years for felonies does not apply to Meth
- Are Not A Registered Sex Offender in Colorado Pursuant To Colo. Rev. Stat. §16-22-103; and o Offenses described in Part I of Part 6 of Article 3 of Title 18 of the Colorado Revised Statutes (homicide and stalking crimes). NOTE: The limited consideration of 5 years for felonies does not apply to registered sex offenders
- Are Able To Pay The Full Security Deposit At the Time Of Lease Signing
- Can Provide Verification Of Total Household Income Is Three Times (x3) The Amount Of One (1) Month’s Rent
- Will Not Use Home For Growing Marijuana
- Have Physically Viewed The Home (Noted Below In “Renting Sight Unseen”)
- *If You Have Pets & The Property Permits Pets - That You Have Reviewed & Accepted The Terms Of The Pet Agreement
- All Applications Must Be Accurate & Complete (see below for the definition of a "complete application")
Before we can consider & submit your application for the property owner’s final approval, it must be a “complete application".
The following information is required in order to have a "COMPLETE APPLICATION":
- A Completed Online Application (& application fee paid in full)
- 2 Most Recent Month’s Pay Stubs, Documenting Income Of All Applicants
- A Government Issued Photo ID Of All Those Residing At the home 18yrs or Older
- Anyone 18 Years Of Age or Older Must Submit an Application and Have Background Run Regardless of Whether They Will be Contributing Financially
- If Active Duty, The Contact Information Of Your Acting Commanding Officer
- Information (the type of pet(s), weight, license) On Any Pets That Will Reside In The Home (if applicable and/ or permitted)
- You MUST read & agree to the PET AGREEMENT
PLEASE NOTE: PROPERTIES CANNOT BE HELD WHILE WAITING ON DOCUMENTATION (AKA: A COMPLETE APPLICATION)
***If any additional documentation is required due to a unique circumstance we will promptly advise.***
YOU CAN SEND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TO:
[email protected] or FAX TO: (888) 631-0062
NOTE: please email any private information securely.
In almost all cases the home is occupied by a current tenant that is paying rent to reside in that home.
To respect their time we have pre-arranged several blocks of time for showings. If the home you inquire about does not have any showing times available, that means all available showing times have been booked.
Please Note: We will promptly notify you if any showing times become available on the property you inquired on.
We recommend taking advantage Rental Home Alert so we can notify you of upcoming rental homes and showing times.
Unfortunately, No. WE DO NOT RENT SIGHT UNSEEN
This policy is derived from past experiences and for everyone’s benefit involved (but mainly yours).
We want everyone happy with the home they have chosen to reside in but regardless of every effort to describe a home (numerous pictures, video, 360-degree pictures or even feedback and advice of friends or family) one cannot capture every aspect of a home.
Trust us, we want to promptly rent any home we manage but this policy is in place to best protect all party's interests, especially yours.
WE PRACTICE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
Unlike most Property Management Companies, we do not hold complete applications for a week to compare with other applications.
We submit complete applications (see above) on a first come first serve basis out of fairness to the applicant.
PLEASE NOTE: PROPERTIES CANNOT BE HELD WHILE WAITING ON DOCUMENTATION (AKA: A COMPLETE APPLICATION)
PLEASE ALLOW 48 - 72 BUSINESS HOURS FOR YOUR APPROVAL STATUS
We understand you may need to secure a home right away and we want you to know that we make every effort on our end to expedite this process.
Please know that there are a couple of items that require outside third parties response before we can consider your application complete and when considering the approval of the application.
As noted in the list of applicant requirements, your RENTAL VERIFICATION is required in order to have a complete application that we can present to the property owner for final approval.
For this reason, we encourage you to contact your previous landlord or property manager to be on the lookout for the simple rental verification form that we will be sending (from: Ashford Realty Group) and to promptly return.
*we provide them instructions on how to complete and return*
Since the owner of the property that you are applying for has the final say (approval), we have, in some rare cases, seen an additional day delay awaiting their response.
Although this is rare, it is normally due to the fact that the property owner(s) is deployed or in training and do not have access to communication outlets.
Please know we proactively share the importance of the property owners promptly responding and alert them in advance as we look to complete the application package.
APPLICATION APPROVALS: Please remember, regardless of any recommendations from us at Ashford Realty Group, the property owner is the one that must provide the final approval.
If your application is denied, we will send you a written notice of the denial that states the reasons for the denial but if we use a specific screening criteria that cannot be directly cited because of the use of a proprietary screening system, we will instead provide you with a copy of the report from the screening company utilizing the proprietary screening system.
We may provide you an electronic version of the denial notice but if you request a paper version, we will provide you with a paper denial notice.
We will make a good faith effort to provide the denial notice not more than 20 calendar days after making the decision to deny your application.
At the time of the possession, the home will be move-in ready... We take pride in this!
Granted, there could be aesthetic items that do not appeal to your tastes but please remember, another family is allowing you to call their house a home.
We recommend that you DO NOT APPLY for any home with the expectation that changes will occur after signing the lease (new carpet, paint, etc.).
This too is why we do not allow renting sight unseen.
PER THE LEASE: There is a $500 additional fee charged for each unauthorized pet (or restricted breed) located at the property (regardless of who owns the pet).
This lease violation is terms for immediate eviction in conjunction with the additional fee if the homeowner chooses.
We request this not be abused and wrongfully used.
If an Ashford tenant's plans change prior to the lease expiration, we request they are honest and allow us to work towards those plans together.
IMPORTANT: The notice must be submitted in writing 30 days prior. Please refer to your lease.
We'd Love to Show You Any Of Our Featured Rental Homes If:
- You have read and met the “Applicant Requirements” listed above.
- If you are willing to utilize the tools & information provided to ensure a great tenancy.
- You are willing to keep the lines of communication open. So, if you have a question or concern we get a chance to answer or fix it.
- You understand the home is another family’s residence that has opened it up to nice individuals & families to call home.
- You look forward to working with a Group that counts on open communication & honesty from both parties to ensure a great experience.
But We're Probably Not A Good Fit If:
- You feel that dishonesty & rudeness are acceptable practices in order to get your way.
- You feel your next property manager should inherit any bad experience you endured elsewhere.
- You tend to ignore agreements and make up your own rules.
- You feel you have the right to treat another’s home like you’re a rock band on tour.
- You are likely to neglect the terms of your lease or disregard all the information and tools we provide (to include your detailed move-in evaluation) to ensure a great tenancy and move out process.
- You feel the “customer is always right” phrase absolves you from any accountability and honesty.